NOSDA Membership – Board Members
Municipal Members are government employees only
Association Members are vendors
Retired Members are retired government employees only
Sponsorship. Vendors who wish to appear on our home page and in our monthly newsletter can click here to establish or renew their annual listing.
We appreciate your support!
| Constitution and By-Laws of
The Northern Ohio Service Director’s Association
The name of the association shall be “The Northern Ohio Service Directors Association”.
OBJECTS AND PURPOSES
1. To promote the exchange of information and consultation among the various cities and villages belonging to the association, with relation to the operation and administration of Service Departments.
2. To promote co-ordination of efforts among the chief service representatives of the various member municipalities and surrounding territory.
3. To provide for the demonstration of equipment, techniques and methods relating to the Service Departments.
4. To promote working relationships and cooperation between municipalities for the purpose of mutual aid in times of emergencies with respect to, but not limited to, the following services:
A. Snow Removal
B. Street Repairs
C. Sewer Maintenance
D. Sewer Construction
E. Water Supply
F. Garbage & Rubbish Pickup and Disposal
G. Equipment Purchases
I. Tire Care
K. Miscellaneous Service
Problems Not Herein
MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
1. Membership shall be open to the chief service representative of each city and village in the Northern part of Ohio, and surrounding territory. Each chief service representative may recommend one or more assistants or other interested municipal officer or employee for membership, however, in matters requiring a vote, each municipality shall be limited to one vote.
2. Annual membership dues shall be Twenty-Five Dollars ($25.00) per year for each chief service representative. and Twentry-Five Dollars ($25.00) per year for each assistant or other municipal officer or employee payable in advance. The year for dues shall start on the 1st day of January of each year and end on the 31st day of December each year. Membership in this association shall automatically expire at the end of each year, unless prior to the end of such year the member shall have paid in full his dues for the succeeding year.
3. Associate Members (Non-Municipal) dues shall be Thirty Dollars ($30.00) per year. Associate members shall have no voice or vote in the association other than through its representative on the Executive Board.
4. When a Service Representative retires from Municipal work, he shall automatically become a life member of the association – paying no dues – having no voice or vote in the association other than through its representative on the Executive Board.
OFFICES AND DUTIES
1. The officers of this Association shall be: President, Vice President, and Secretary-Treasurer.
2. The Executive Board shall be composed of sixteen (16) members. such Board shall be composed of President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer, four other chief service members elected by the Association (two east side, two west side of Cleveland), Past President, Assistant/Superintendent, County government, Associate members (2), Municipal Engineer, Retirees (2), and charter member. The Retirees representative shall be selected by the Retired Service Director’s Association. Past Presidents shall be members of the Executive Board for a period of two years after their retirement from office.
3. The elective officers shall be eligible to succeed themselves in the same office for unlimited terms, except for the President. No person shall serve as President for more than two (2) consecutive years.
4. The President shall preside at all meetings of the association and the executive board, and shall appoint all committees, excepting the executive board, and shall be an ex officio member of such committees. 5. The Vice President, in the absence or disability of the President, shall perform the duties of the President and shall, in addition, attend any meeting as may be requested b the President.
6. Secretary shall keep an up-to-date roll of the membership, their addresses and the municipalities they represent, record the minutes of all meetings and activities of the association and executive board, shall send out all notices and attend to such correspondence as may be requested by the President or any other officer of the association.
7. The Treasurer shall receive and safely keep all funds of the association and disburse the same upon receipt of proper vouchers. In addition, upon request, he shall make a complete report at each regular meeting of the association, showing the condition of the association’s financial affairs.
8. The Executive Board shall meet at such times as the President shall designate, but not less than once each quarter year. They shall make recommendations of policy and plan the program of the association, for submission to the association for approval and adoption. The Executive Board shall have the power and authority to act for an on the behalf of the association on matters requiring immediate attention of the membership and when it is not practical to assemble such membership in regular meeting.
1. Officers and members of the Executive Board shall be elected at the organization meeting of the association, and thereafter at the annual meeting of the association.
2. Officers to be elected at the organization meeting shall be nominated from the floor and be elected to office for the first year by the use of written ballots cast separately for each office, except that where there has been only one name placed in nomination, then the election of such officer may be by voice vote. The person receiving a plurality of votes for the office for which he is nominated, shall be declared elected.
3. Officers to be elected after the organization meeting shall be elected as follows” The President of the association shall appoint a Nominating Committee consisting of five (5) members from the active membership, one of whom shall be designated as Chairman. The Nominating Committee shall be appointed one (1) month prior to the actual meeting of the association. It shall nominate candidates for each elective office, and announce its selection writing to the members of the association at least seven (7) days prior to the annual meeting. Nominations may also be made from the floor at the annual meeting of the association by any active member in good standing.
4. The election shall be by the use of written ballots cast separately for each office, except that where there has been only one name placed in nomination then the election for such office shall be by voice vote. The person receiving a plurality of votes for the office for which he is nominated, shall be declared elected.
5. A vacancy in any office shall be filled by the active members for the unexpired term at any regular meeting of the association by nomination from the floor and by election as set forth in paragraph 4 of this section of “Elections”, provided that written notice thereof has been given to the members at least seven (7) days prior to such regular meeting.
1. Regular meetings of the association shall be held on the second Wednesday of the month in each year at 12:00 o’clock P.M. at such place as may be designated by the Secretary.
2. Annual meetings of the association shall be held on the second Wednesday of January in each year at 12:00 o’clock P.M. at such place as may be designated by the Secretary.
3. Members present at each meeting shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
This Constitution and By-Laws may be amended by a majority vote of the members present and eligible to vote, at any regular meeting, provided the substance of such proposed amendment or amendments shall have first been submitted to the Executive Board and shall have been stated in a notice in writing to the membership at least twenty (20) days prior to such regular meeting.